Monday, May 05, 2014

Pinterest Cooking

I'm super busy with guild stuff this year (planning our first guild retreat for this fall!) but I'm still trying to make more of an effort to make some projects and actually join in on our guild challenges. This weekend I tried a few new recipes off of Pinterest when boyfriend and I went to the beach. I always plan out our meals and take food to cook and he's not very picky, so it seemed like a great time to try out something new.

Sweet Potato and White Bean Burgers
(http://www.pinterest.com/pin/236931630370888340/)




I followed the recipe but halved it and used Cajun Seasoning. It was really good but I could have used more seasoning, I went light on it. The burger is pretty sweet overall so you might want to use condiments to balance it out. I used mustard along with tomato and lettuce, but I think onions/pickles would be good to top it off with too. And of course cheese, but cheese is a basically a given for me. These were really easy to patty up but were a bit soft. After coating in panko they were also a bit easier to handle. I made 4 from a half a batch, but I think if I had made 6 and they were thinner they wouldn't have been so soft (more crisp surface ratio to soft center?). They oozed out a bit when we ate them, but good flavor!

Overnight Oats
(http://www.pinterest.com/pin/236931630370787076/)




I did two containers of it, each quadrupled (ie, a cup of oats in each). One had strawberry jam with fresh strawberries and the other had apricot jam with frozen chopped peaches. I topped the strawberry with walnuts when I ate it and the peach with sliced almonds. Both were pretty good, but I like more oats in mine for a chewier texture. The boyfriend really liked it and called it "breakfast pudding." He's a big pudding fan, so that is actually a compliment. He wrote down the recipe so he can make it for himself!





No comments: